Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sexing-up children

It's the essence of depravity that launched students to rage against a TLC show. Children, toddlers really, gyrating for judges, making sexual motions, moving in ways a child shouldn't. I know my agenda is to rise against the prude nation - the Puritans who are so quick to jump on same-sex kiss on a cable network are so willingly allowing their children to be submitted to this child erotic almost leaves me in awe. Where are these people's priorities? Somewhere in the back burner, just as long as they keep the "sanctity" of marriage in their pockets?

I haven't seen Toddlers & Tiaras, so I decided to do what any person would do: I Googled it. What I found was more than just disturbing. Here were little girls, no older than my two nieces, dolled up with heavy makeup that only resembles the caricature of hookers in movies. A child gyrating her body on stage while a "judge," who could possibly have been purged from Myspace and Facebook this week, looks on judging her. I can only imagine that the little girl will be sitting in some psychotherapist's office a few years from now, while her father is serving a life sentence behind bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment