Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Artist paints a nude daughter's portrait


I don't know about you, but there has to be some line between artist and painting that I haven't heard of. I'm sure Li Zhuang Ping, a 61-year-old artist from China didn't know that. It appears that he's been painting nudes of his daughter for the past six years, sparking some sort of confusion, disgust and anger in some parts of the net. While I wouldn't dream of painting my daughter nude - because I don't have one and I'm not an artists anyway - I don't think there isn't anything at all wrong with this because the art, if you will, is purely for art's sake.

His wife also doesn't have a problem with it, expressing some envy of her daughter because she is being used in "such a beautiful way to capture her youth, an opportunity she sadly did not have when she was young and beautiful before."

I won't be rushing to pick up the next Zhuang Ping masterpiece, but I'm not exactly disgusted over it either. I think there are worst things in this world that can be painted, depicted or written about. I'll go find them and write summaries for you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment